SCOA SECRETARY DUTIES
The main role of the SCOA Secretary is to organise the SCOA Committee meetings and the AGM. There are 4 committee meetings a year: March, June (same day as AGM), September and December. There is very little external to committee correspondence to deal with (2 mailed letters in 4 years and about 10 emails). This is because most of the general information cascading from BO has already been sent direct to clubs.
Before the meeting
- three weeks before the meeting email committee the provisional agenda and ask for additions
- three weeks before meeting email requesting reports from committee members/officers to be sent by the Monday before the meeting
- collate reports and convert them to a standard format (pdf)
- email committee the collated reports and revised agenda
- print a few spare copies of meeting papers
During the meeting
- take the minutes – record salient points from reports
After the meeting
- produce draft minutes
- email committee the draft minutes asking for any amendments
- book the meeting room for the next meeting.
- re-issue draft minutes to committee.
- Place minutes on SCOA website.